Thursday, October 7

mugshots for...


Mugshots being used for the 'LIFE' magazine. I especially like the top one.
So there's an idea there, mugshots can be used as front covers for magazines?
I like how the cover it so simple, but because there is so much to read from a mug shot, that one image, actually tells a lot.
































Originally, these were the mugshots I had looked at, and had been interested in at first. Most of the time now, mugshots taken for jail purposes (documentation of someone who has just been arrested), it is normally just there face and shoulders. I prefer these type of mugshots, the typical ones that aren't used as much. The card with  information on it, and the height lines behind it just make the mugshots so much better, and sort of unique for their particular purpose.

  









Here are some mugshots for todays criminals. You can actually buy a newspaper in Utah with the mugshots of this weeks criminals in it. It is another printing method and product that relates to mugshots, although the design of this magazine/newspaper is awful. And I think some of these mugshots lack character, then again, it could be them poorly set out in context.

I definitely prefer the style of the older mugshots, also, black and white seems to have a better effect on the photograph and message behind it.

I can't see much use in this magazine though? I can
imagine myself scribbling all over peoples faces,
but other than that I don't think I would pay $1. I
think that maybe this product could have potential,
the idea of having a booklet of mugshots can easily
be explored, there is lots to do with it, it's just making
it good.










This isn't the most direct approach to mugshots/yearbooks but it's something I thought about when I questioned mugshots. An illustrative piece of design for the 'Gorrilaz' album cover. Also it's at a side angle. I think this album cover is pretty nice, and the mugshots are a part of the design. So it is a possible path to take, illustration/album covers/side shots?







Driving licences, passports and other identification purposes also use mugshots. A handy process of print that I could maybe use.








A website called 'yearbook yourself', where you can upload a photo of your face and have it merged onto a preloaded yearbook photo. The photos are older/black and white/vintage yearbook photos, I could use packaging&inform/promote to help advertise this particular website? Or other websites that relate.











In the United States during the mid-1980s, there was a practice of putting the faces of children who had gone missing (and were presumably kidnapped or abducted) on a milk carton, in an attempt to get neighbours of the person who had abducted the child to notice and report him or her.

No comments:

Post a Comment