Sunday, October 10

a face as a logo

I could explore the idea of using a mugshot/series of mugshots to create a logo for the design for a product?

When I was browsing through my blog, these were the images that made me think about this...
When I saw this I thought of perhaps using a mugshot as a logo for a product. This ketchup has done this. Although it is an illustration (it is still a mugshot), technically. I have decided to keep the idea of a mugshot very broad, I classify this drawing as a mugshot. There is an idea there, that I design a logo/packaging for a specific product.



I really like this film poster, it's kind of expressing what the man is thinking? "I'm still here", the rubbed out effect adds to the message itself, I think the design is clever. I'm stuck now on how to learn from this and recreate something that has been influenced by this but that is also relevant.

This range reminded me of all the different types of print/products I could produce. As long as it works, all I really need is a logo and a design. Figuring out the right range of products that could relate to the style of my logo is tricky...
 

COASTERS. Shape and format of 'mugshots' fit nicely for this print. Here is an idea for what I could print onto. 

-----------------------


PROMOTION? INFORMATION?
Leeds college of Art, promotion for courses? info?




On the homepage of the LCA website, there is a slideshow that previews either the person's work or themseleves. It could be seen as a way of using there faces/mugshots to back up what they are saying about their course/the college. 
I  could maybe produce LCA merchandise to promote their courses/BA (hons) Graphic Design/the college itself?
Print - posters/coasters/packaging for sandwiches/sleeves for hot drinks/booklets?
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment