Wednesday, May 12

debut art, tags- contemporary, advertising, type design




I like how from far away this looks quite simple and fresh, but up close it is so complex and the detail is so intense. I also think it communicates the title 'Sunset Oasis' really well, with relevant colours and with the swirls&twists I do think of some sort of 'oasis'. An attractive book cover.



Same artist as the top image, (Yehrin Tong), even under the tag contemporary these designs still seem to hold onto a traditional look, they seem so imaginative which could help portray the fictional aspect of 'books'?





I just think these are amazing pieces of art/design really, I am impressed with the detail if anything, without going into too much depth and critical analysis, simply I just like them. As posters I admire the layout of the bottom one, despite the small gap being so simple I think it does a lot for it's overall appearance. Both of these can be quite straining for the eyes, lots of overlapping, stripes, curls etc... but I like that, I'm not always a fan of this style but these seem creative&cultural. The zebras are included in a sophisticated way.



Favourite piece.
I think this would look best large scale, attention to detail is so good, the larger font 'first press beer at its purest' and the bottle of beer outlined through the image around it balances out the extremely detailed dragon wrapping itself around a pure black bottle. Keeps the beer a mystery and definitely approaches the drink in a stylish way, I want to drink this, it seems exotic, tasty, unusual, well that is what I get from this poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment