Tuesday, May 10

trying to locate type and layout,

I dont necessarily like all of these, but after the chat I had with Fred, I wanted to research how layout helps priorities information. This is what was the problem with my original promotional posters, they lacked obvious communication and weren't that clear.
This is such a clear layout that everything is legible. If presented like that, I look at the image first, then move the left reading the paragraph of text. The white on black is also very clear and brighter.

more white on black, the larger text is along the top of the poster. 

I like how this layout is interesting, not just reading left to right. However, I don't like much more about it.

simple layout, reading the bolder, slightly larger text, which is also at the top, first.

I like how I saw the image first, then it's actually as if the direction in which they are running, drew my eyes towards the next priority (title).

using black and white text, reading the black first. I think this is an effective way to communicate text without necessarily having to change layout, if the colour is clearly you will look at that one first.

BRIGHT image to draw in viewer

this layout is an example of a lack of clarity (in my opinion). Obviously the text isn't English, but besides that I feel there is too much going on, the red text shows up a lot better than the black. What colours sit best onwhat?

centering, bright coloured text. MOST IMPORTANT.


I LIKE THIS. Reading the word down towards the second 'one'. Simple way to guide eyes.

ONCE AGAIN, light colour on a darker background is clear. I think the smaller, white text is a bit too small? 

DON'T like these colours, but the larger, white works well. I also like how the text isn't aligned, interesting layout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment