Monday, March 15

what is a line, looking into zoetropes




Even though I am thinking about creating a sequence involving text and not image, I still need to get an idea as to how the sequence works.


I did this on Photoshop as a very rough idea of how the sequence should roughly work. It seems to work a bit like a flip book, each little bit of the image is changed slightly as it would appear in the next video frame. If I am doing text instead of image, then I imagine each next image of the sequence should have a little bit of the letter/type added on to it.

I think it is a matter of creating a series of sequences involving words, and even short sentences. Once I have got these I can then start to involve them with the zoetrope itself.

Possible type-
  • 'what is a line?'
  • 'green onions' (song name of whatever song I have playing?
  • 'a repeat'
  • 'series of events alongside each other'
  • 'drop me a line when you're on vacation'
  • 'a verse of poetry'
  • 'a course of direction'
  • 'limits'


z -o- e- t -r -o -p- e


I could also include other images, type in and around the zoetrope that could relate to the
moving message? Could I have a poem written around the moving message?
Or relevant images/image around the chosen type? footsteps?



I like the idea of this, I could maybe package my zoetrope and then create a series of sequences that are included in the package. What messages could come as a sequence?

  • daily? numerically? structurally?
  • conversation?
  • different languages? 'hello' 'bonjour' ...

PROBLEM.
VIDEO OF ONE SEQUENCE,
OR
HAVE ZOETROPE AS A FINAL PRODUCT WITH SET OF SEQUENCES



No comments:

Post a Comment